Thursday, February 20, 2014

Today I Walk

Hi everyone,

So today I'm going to talk to you guys about what I did today. It has been a long time since I did what I did today. See here, I like to do some photography. Not really good at it but I still try whenever I got the chance. And I have been out of the game for such a long time. I didn't bring the camera with me at Arau because I know i won't have time to play with it considering that the public transport in Perlis is abysmal and I only one a bicycle. So I did not bring to me. Unfortunately, even during holiday I did not play with it also. But today, thing changes. I went out and try to get some photos.

So today, I went to the National Museum here in KL hoping to catch some good shot. Honestly, I did not know how to get to there. So I just gamble by using the LRT Kelana Jaya Line and stop at Pasar Seni. I went through National Mosque. and walk like 1 km or more and got there. So Alhamdulillah I got there. Even better the route I took actually earn me some cool view. Unfortunately, I went super stupid by bringing my Canon 50mm prime lens only. So it was hard to photos of cool Kuala Lumpur Architecture with a freaking 50mm lens.Maybe I one day I might try again.

Here are some of the best shots I manage to whip out. Again, I need to stress that it is not my greatest work and I'm very rusty. Even worst that I did not use the proper tools and I did not take my time to edit anything. So what you see is what you get. Enjoy

This picture was taken to show the KTM Station Kuala Lumpur. Unfortunately, with a prime lens, there is nothing much to see. 

This dude were showering some plant. I think this is not his first gig. I told him I want to take his picture and he steadily said "Okay". Cool guy.

Some tourist shot. I went to museum on a Thursday, of course there is plenty of tourist because Malaysians were working.

Just a couple of tourist having a rest in front of the National Mosque.

Again some tourist buying street art from the lady there. That lady got some mad skills on her hands. 

This is not some Han Solo freezing thing like in Star Wars. This is an mural of the legendary/mythical Hang Tuah, the greatest warrior Malay ever have. Unfortunately there is nothing much about him in the Museum. I was kinda wanting to read more about him. I like to know more on where he is last told to be. I want to know whether he is a legend or just a myth.

This is basically a replica of the throne of the past Sultan Melaka.

A replica head of the ship of the royal armada in early Malay period. When Malacca was a big name in world trading. 

This is interesting. This the golden tree where the 3 nation up north of Peninsula Malaysia would give to the Thai back in 15th century (dont quote me on that time period). Anyway, I was surprise to see this. I learnt about it in highschool that Kelantan, Kedah and maybe Terengganu gave ufti to Thai as a symbol of friendship. Got to finally see it and see the size of it. It is kinda amazing.  

This is a scale model of the quarry to search for tin. During the British Colonial, they went all out to take the Peninsula Malaysia resource that this huge monster where build in place like Perak and Pahang.  

The bicycle the Japanese use to invade Peninsula Malaysia. Can you believe that those Japan ride bikes to invade Malaysia. Amazing.

These are the artifacts of the one Malay fighter named Haji Abdul Rahman Limbong. 

This is another amazing thing I finally got to see. This is the Proclamation of Independence. This is the letter that prove that Malaysia is free from the British Colonialism. It is amazing to see finally see it. Below is the same thing only in Malay but written in Jawi.  


This the Tengkolok of the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong. 
Finally i end it with a photo of a very famous game in our Malay culture. Although our culture is slowly yet surely fading away. Seeing such congkak set is amazing for me. 
So I guess that would be all. Again, I want to remind that everything I said here must not be quoted. I write this on the fly. No pre-research was made prior to the writing. Even I dont know the truthfulness of what I wrote here. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoyed reading this.

See you guys again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I want to hear what you think.